OCFO / Division of Planning, Budget, and Analysis
Develop Uniform Standards for Budget Formulation Processes
FocalPoint was hired to provide assistance in developing uniform standards for budgeting-related work processes within the Division of Planning, Budget, and Analysis. Services provided included:
- Review of best practices with regard to the Federal budgeting process;
- Review of existing NRC budget process documentation;
- Conducted workshops to agree on roles and responsibilities, process flows, cycle times, business issues, performance measures, and milestones; and
- Developed documentation for selected processes within the Agency’s budget function.
OCFO / Division of Financial Services
Customer Service Evaluation and Recommendations
FocalPoint was contracted to evaluate the customer service of an internal function, assess the usability of its website, and make recommendations for improvement. The client wanted to ascertain how it could best ensure its employees received quality customer service and identify ways to continuously monitor customer satisfaction. Services provided include:
- Identified organizations that have implemented best practices in payroll, personnel, and customer service;
- Interviewed best practice organizations to collect information on processes;
- Executed an employee survey to assess employees’ satisfaction with payroll/personnel functions; and
- Made recommendations with respect to process improvement and performance assessment.
Office of Nuclear Regulatory Research
Business Process Reengineering
FocalPoint was hired to provide business process reengineering assistance. The objective of the project is to improve information delivery and support services to managers in the Office through process improvements and IT solutions. Services include organizational development, business process reengineering, and change management.
Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation
Centralized Work Planning Support
FocalPoint was engaged to develop an assessment and recommendations for an internal support function within the Office. The objective of the project is to develop recommendations that would improve work planning and project management in the organization through improved tools, processes, and infrastructure. Services include developing a program assessment tool, identifying gaps, and developing recommendations.
Office of Human Resources
Develop Uniform Standards for Human Resources Processes
The objective of this project was to provide assistance in developing uniform standards for work processes within the Office of Human Resources. Services provided include:
- Review of best practices with regard to the Federal HR processes;
- Review of existing NRC HR process documentation;
- Conducting workshops to agree on roles and responsibilities, process flows, cycle times, business issues, performance measures, and milestones; an
- Developing documentation for selected processes within the HR function.